palmerston north medical research foundation
The Palmerston North Medical Research Foundation is a registered charitable organisation (Reg. No: CC36450) which makes available research funds to facilitate biomedical research in Palmerston North and its environs.
The Foundation meets once a year to allocate research funding in the following areas:
1. The General Grant funds research to the value of $10,000.
2. The Wilson Grant is available annually to fund research projects which relate to Cardiovascular Disease or Cancer, up to the value of $20,000.
3. Summer Scholarships support tertiary students during the summer vacation while they work on an appropriate Biomedical research project, up to the value of $6,000.
4. Duncan Fellowship is a 3 year Phd Scholarship, supporting research in Neuro Muscular Disorders, with the recipient being entitled to a 3yr Scholarship that includes a stipend of $25,000 annually plus $10,000 annually for expenses.
5. The Visiting Professorship Grant funds 1 grant annually to the value of $10,000 to attract internationally renowned biomedical scientists to the Palmerston North region.
The Foundation particularly encourages applications for: Medically related projects, especially those of special relevance to the local region. Research work which encourages co-operation between the local research institutions. Support of younger researchers. Seeding money to help establish new research programmes
The Palmerston North region, with its Public Hospital, Massey University and Fitzherbert Science Centres, has a significant number of scientists engaged in biomedical research.
HOW TO APPLY
WE NEED YOUR SUPPORT